Troubleshooting

Starting FlashBack Recorder shows an error message "Access violation..."
Problem: You try to run FlashBack Recorder and get a message "Access violation in module..." Cause: You may have an 'N' edition of Win...
Wed, 26 Apr, 2017 at 9:06 AM
Why did my anti-virus detect a problem with FlashBack
Occasionally anti-virus software will detect false-positive results where they mistakenly think there is a problem when everything is actually ok. If th...
Wed, 27 Nov, 2019 at 3:38 PM
My firewall blocks .exe files from downloading. How can I get FlashBack?
Contact us at support@bbsoftware.co.uk and we can send you a zipped copy of the installation file, which should not be blocked by your firewall. Just let us...
Wed, 27 Nov, 2019 at 3:41 PM
Why doesn't my video game record very well?
Because FlashBack is a general purpose screen recorder, it is not designed to handle the specific demands of recording video games - typically they use hard...
Thu, 28 Nov, 2019 at 4:32 PM
My recording has gaps in the audio
This usually happens if your PC's CPU usage is very high while you are recording. Things you can try to reduce CPU usage: Reduce the size of area ...
Wed, 26 Jan, 2022 at 2:45 PM
I can't record sound
1. Ensure you've selected the correct sound source.  Enable each source that you want to record from and select an appropriate source (for PC Sounds...
Wed, 27 Nov, 2019 at 2:31 PM
Why is the audio and video out of sync?
Some PCs may encounter problems with audio-video synchronization. These problems are usually due to high CPU usage during recording.  The ways you can r...
Wed, 26 Jan, 2022 at 2:45 PM
Can't record from selected sound source
If a message appears saying that FlashBack cannot record from the selected sound source, it is usually because of one of the following reasons:  Another a...
Thu, 24 Jun, 2021 at 11:22 AM
The microphone volume changes while recording
Windows 10 and 11 have an auto-gain control option that will track the volume and automatically adjust it so that you do not need to worry about it. Howev...
Tue, 25 Jan, 2022 at 2:54 PM
The Player's text and controls are the wrong size
This can happen if your PC's display is using a very large resolution with high scaling applied to it.  To correct it: Open the Tools menu Go to Pla...
Wed, 27 Nov, 2019 at 4:30 PM