Troubleshooting

Sending an Error Report with log files
If you encounter a problem or error (such as a crash) and need to send us your error logs so we can investigate, you can send us a problem reprot as follows...
Tue, 7 Apr, 2020 at 10:42 AM
My FBR file is corrupt - can it be recovered?
There is a tool that can be used to attempt to recover .fbr files that are reported as corrupted, which is available for download here. To use it: Ma...
Fri, 8 Nov, 2019 at 11:45 AM
My PC crashed. Can I recover my recording?
Sometimes a recording session may be interupted by something unexpected, such as your PC crashing, a shortage of disk space to save to or a fault in FlashBa...
Thu, 16 Jan, 2020 at 2:59 PM
My recording is not smooth (it looks laggy)
This usually happens if your PC's CPU usage is very high while you are recording.  If you are using FlashBack 5.48 or older, this can be caused by u...
Fri, 22 Jan, 2021 at 1:44 PM
I get a black space in my recording, or the entire recording is black
You've tried to record a program that uses video hardware acceleration. To get better performance, these applications bypass the usual methods of writin...
Tue, 21 Mar, 2023 at 9:33 AM
What is a 'CheckSynchronize' error when I try to record?
This can be caused by overly-aggressive anti-virus software (usually Symantec) interfering with FlashBack. When FlashBack attempts to update its own setting...
Tue, 31 Mar, 2020 at 9:56 AM
An Error code 5 (access is denied) error appears when starting FlashBack
This can be caused by overly-aggrssive anti-virus software mistakenly blocking FlashBack from writing to its own settings files. Try adding an exception...
Wed, 27 Nov, 2019 at 3:36 PM
How do I fix a 0xc0000142 error?
There are a number of reasons that can cause Windows to show this error but it is mostly to be because files are missing from the Flashback installation fol...
Wed, 31 Jan, 2024 at 10:55 AM
Why does FlashBack say the recording is already open and cannot open it again?
The probable reason is that the file is located in a folder that is being synchronised to cloud storage. Examples of this would be syncing to Google Drive, ...
Thu, 23 Jan, 2020 at 11:35 AM
Why do I get a memory allocation error when opening very large FBRs?
Very large FBR files may require too much memory to open on all PCs. This is most commonly caused by recording moving video or video games with GDI...
Wed, 23 Mar, 2016 at 10:30 AM