General

Why does FlashBack say the recording is already open and cannot open it again?
The probable reason is that the file is located in a folder that is being synchronised to cloud storage. Examples of this would be syncing to Google Drive, ...
Thu, 23 Jan, 2020 at 11:35 AM
My firewall blocks .exe files from downloading. How can I get FlashBack?
Contact us at support@bbsoftware.co.uk and we can send you a zipped copy of the installation file, which should not be blocked by your firewall. Just let us...
Wed, 27 Nov, 2019 at 3:41 PM
Why did my anti-virus detect a problem with FlashBack
Occasionally anti-virus software will detect false-positive results where they mistakenly think there is a problem when everything is actually ok. If th...
Wed, 27 Nov, 2019 at 3:38 PM
The Player's text and controls are the wrong size
This can happen if your PC's display is using a very large resolution with high scaling applied to it.  To correct it: Open the Tools menu Go to Pl...
Wed, 27 Nov, 2019 at 4:30 PM
Starting FlashBack Recorder shows an error message "Access violation..."
Problem: You try to run FlashBack Recorder and get a message "Access violation in module..." Cause: You may have an 'N' edition of W...
Wed, 26 Apr, 2017 at 9:06 AM
An Error code 5 (access is denied) error appears when starting FlashBack
This can be caused by overly-aggrssive anti-virus software mistakenly blocking FlashBack from writing to its own settings files. Try adding an exception...
Wed, 27 Nov, 2019 at 3:36 PM
Is a 64-bit version of FlashBack available?
FlashBack will run on 32 and 64 bit Windows but is currently only available as a 32 bit app.
Wed, 27 Nov, 2019 at 4:26 PM
Silent Installation
If you need a 'silent' install with no user input, you can do this using the command line parameters below.    <installer name>.exe ...
Wed, 4 Dec, 2019 at 2:36 PM
Is it possible for FlashBack to automatically start recording on Windows startup?
No, FlashBack does not have any options that allow.
Thu, 28 Nov, 2019 at 11:18 AM
I clicked Discard instead of Save. Can I recover my recording?
Your recording will be deleted as soon as you click the Discard button so it is not possible to recover it.
Mon, 2 Dec, 2019 at 10:27 AM