Recording

My PC crashed. Can I recover my recording?
Sometimes a recording session may be interupted by something unexpected, such as your PC crashing, a shortage of disk space to save to or a fault in FlashBa...
Thu, 16 Jan, 2020 at 2:59 PM
Can FlashBack record in HD?
FlashBack can record at whatever quality your screen is capable of displaying, including HD or 4K qualities. For example, if your screen is set to a 192...
Tue, 3 Dec, 2019 at 3:29 PM
My recording is not smooth (it looks laggy)
This usually happens if your PC's CPU usage is very high while you are recording.  This can often be caused by using GDI record mode (or allowing A...
Wed, 27 Nov, 2019 at 3:09 PM
I get a black space in my recording, or the entire recording is black
You've tried to record a program that uses video hardware acceleration. To get better performance, these applications bypass the usual methods of writi...
Tue, 5 Jun, 2018 at 3:04 PM
Why doesn't my video game record very well?
Because FlashBack is a general purpose screen recorder, it is not designed to handle the specific demands of recording video games - typically they use hard...
Thu, 28 Nov, 2019 at 4:32 PM
My recording has gaps in the audio
This usually happens if your PC's CPU usage is very high while you are recording. If you are using GDI record mode, switching to MPEG record mode (...
Tue, 3 Dec, 2019 at 3:29 PM
How long can FlashBack record for?
There is no restriction on how long you can record for.  In practice you are limited by the amount of free space on the drive where FlashBack creates te...
Thu, 28 Nov, 2019 at 4:51 PM
I can't record sound
1. Ensure you've selected the correct sound source.  Enable each source that you want to record from and select an appropriate source (for PC Sound...
Wed, 27 Nov, 2019 at 2:31 PM
Can I record just sound?
No, you must also record your screen as well. However, if you only want the audio from your recording and you are using the Pro edition, you can export ...
Wed, 27 Nov, 2019 at 2:26 PM
Can FlashBack capture audio from ASIO drivers?
Versions of FlashBack 5 released since mid 2017 include an option to select an ASIO device as a source. To enable recording from an ASIO devicet, go to...
Wed, 27 Nov, 2019 at 2:39 PM